Friday, December 4, 2009

The presence of God

I find that it's easier to confess things to God than it is to confess to other people. In a real sense, confessing to God and confessing to man are two different things.  Confessing to God is agreeing with Him about my sin, confessing to man includes divulging previously unknown information.  Since God has perfect standards it seems that the opposite would be true. You would think that others would be less critical of me since they likely struggle with the same things.   The only explanation is that I haven't fully accepted that fact that God is present. It seems to indicate that I have more fear of  man than God.   With man I may have to face near-term consequences for my confessed actions.  I have more fear of temporal earthy consequences that eternal consequences.  Perhaps I take God's grace for granted.  I need to internalize what "he will suffer loss" means in light of eternity.  If I can understand that, and live with the realization that God is present, it would make all the difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment